Re: home recording laptop?

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:11:51 -0700, Les Cargill wrote:

Lost in The Wasteland wrote:
On Friday, July 8, 2011 7:48:14 AM UTC-5, VampX wrote:

Why bother continuing down the lame firewire track when you have shit
like Thunderbolt?? Seriously, 10GB/s bi-directional with a projected
100GB/s over the next decade.

??? 400 MBit is plenty for just about any amount of audio. Heck, the
high end interface is still Lightpipe out there...

My Onyx 16 channel runs all 16 fine on 400.You have to stick with the
selection of peripherals are available for current interfaces. I'd like
to know what kind of DAW stuff is available for t-bolt?

Now? None. Looks like pie in the sky to me. I would bet USB 3.0 as
the future myself.

A friend uses an
Otari RADAR 24 recorder on 400. It has to be the only device on that port
but it works.

--
Les Cargill

  • Re: Telemetry suggestions
    ... programming. ... E.g., with a BT *headset* style interface, the meteorological ... instrumentation could provide an *audio* interface over BT ... There seems to be a good selection of kits. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: The Theory of Evolution is Mathematically Irrational-part 6
    ... I wrote that evj's user interface is not appropriate for answering the ... selection that can be run without selection operating to demonstrate ... any of your models that properly demonstrate mutation with or without ... selection once you realize that they show your theory of evolution to ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Capturing Mouse Clicks and Updates on a Control (newbie)
    ... if you create tabbed dialogs for each simulation item, ... change, you go to the old selection, you save all the state of the combo ... This will result in a user interface that is manageable, ... unmanageable from a user interface viewpoint. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Getting started with Crystal Reports...little help in the far court.
    ... the COM interface provide by win32all. ... Right now we have a lot of reports that all have to be run ... So I think all I need api access to is server ... selection, parameter selection, and output formats. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Retrieving selected items from folder contents table
    ... I like this new IID_IMessageRaw interface; however, my code has to run (at ... least for a while yet) against any Exchange Server back to V5.5. ... If the user has configured their Outlook to download headers only, ... >>> one explorer displaying the folder, all with different selection. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)