Re: Dave "Snaker" Ray -- White Bluesman
- From: Les Cargill <lcargill99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:10:15 -0700
Lord Valve wrote:
Just Me wrote:
Oh, the many nights I spent sitting at the feet of the fingers of this
man, 1962 in a little coffee house in Minneapolis, studying every move
he made, every note his fingers struck, till I knew how to play this
Robert Johnson song, note for note.
Dave passed away not too long ago, after his latest recording with the
"Three Bedroom Ramblers". I can stand witness: You did not know the
meaning of the word "hip" till after you'd run into this man.
Why does this dude need to be called "White Bluesman"?
I mean, nobody ever says "Yo Yo Ma, Chinese Cellist" or
"Yitzhak Perlman, Jewish Violiniist" or "Jimi Hendrix,
black guitarist." Or "Hunter Thompson, white journalist"
for that matter.
Something special about white people playing the blues?
In 1962? Yeah.
- Prev by Date: Re: Tom Petty supposedly set to issue a C&D to Bachman
- Next by Date: Re: You first guitar solo you learned ..
- Previous by thread: Re: Dave "Snaker" Ray -- White Bluesman
- Next by thread: Dave "Snaker" Ray -- White Bluesman