news:4e1071ec$0$19225$afc38c87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"VampX" <vampx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4e102154$0$11091$c3e8da3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2011-07-03 07:23:24 +0000, VampX said:

On 2011-07-02 20:45:18 +0000, Lost in The Wasteland said:

Mine was likely "Hey Joe" -
Although to play two verses of lead at the
12th fret without screwing it up ... took .. decades (LOL) !

Closely behind that was "Paranoid" - But many of the
Sabbath songs/solos are actually quite difficult .. Iommi is
no slacker when it comes to originality.

Since that time I've mastered many. I played
"Reel'in in The Years" so many times - I actually
have gotten bored sick of it .. At one time it was
unreachable .. now I can't stand to hear it.

Heart's Magic Man. Although not perfectly as I got confused with the
duelling guitar bits.

http://youtu.be/0uvr3dmptvg

gee, i wonder where they got that from...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCvMKcNJCAY
but in their favour, they were stealing from theives anyway.
barracuda was another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKtIGmdrJ8
compar and contrast to..
achilles last stand..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6S9oqJRclo

it amazes me what some bands get away with... when they should be hung,
drawn then shot at dawn.

....still my all time, 100% fav example -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq1tpCkAecI

But I do like it...

--
- Rufus

  • Re: You first guitar solo you learned ..
    ... Although to play two verses of lead at the ... Closely behind that was "Paranoid" - But many of the ... Sabbath songs/solos are actually quite difficult .. ...
    (alt.guitar)