WAS: LP Standard Faded--also Baltimore trip comments

Anyways...I got home from my weekend away.
I had asked here about possibly trading my Robot SG Special for a
Gibson Standard Faded while I was away.

GUITAR CONTENT:
I am proud of myself for thinking ahead and posting a CL ad ahead of
my trip to Delaware and Baltimore. Sure enough I hooked up with the LP
guy in PA right outside of Delaware (maybe 15 min out of my way). He
was thrilled with the SG and I was thrilled with the LP. Trade
done...I am looking at my new LP Standard Faded as I type. It is one
of the "clownburst" Gibson colors BUT it is not one of the ugly
reds...it is quite attractive orange with some flame in it. It is
chambered (as it should be) and similar weight to an SG. Plays and
sounds great. The bridge had been changed to a SD Dimebag (I got the
original pickup with it also)....and I was surprised that the SD
sounds pretty nice. I anticipated changing it back but now i'm not
sure. The guy was a metalhead and I guess the LP was too traditional
looking for him. So we are both happy. I did not dislike the SG...I
just never bonded with it...and I figured the electronics will die
eventually...so made a good trade while the gettin' was good.

TRIP CONTENT:
Went to a Yankee game at Baltimore Camden Yards (met my son who lives
in DC)....Saturday night Yankees won 15-3. I felt very bad for
Baltimore fans, not because of the score. Even though I know many
Yankee fans go to Baltimore games, I was blown away by how many Yankee
shirts, hats etc. I saw in relation to Baltimore stuff. Just sad. Also
in the stands around me were probably 10-1 ratio Yankee fans to Bal
fans....also many Philly fans Washington National fans and Red Sox
fans who came just to hopefully see Yankees lose. Boston fans were not
happy that day! In fact the entire stadium started chanting Boston
Last Place during the game! (Soryy Rich L).The stadium is nice, very
relaxed feeling and a great place to enjoy a game.
Also walked around Baltimore inner harbor and ate at a great Burger
joint there. Fun day.
Spent one day in Newark Delaware also...house shopping...well more
neighborhood shopping as I plan to move there this summer or next
(currently on Long Island NY).
Anyways....I'm tired...but that's my weekend story.

  • Re: WAS: LP Standard Faded--also Baltimore trip comments
    ... Went to a Yankee game at Baltimore Camden Yards (met my son who lives ... Yankee fans go to Baltimore games, I was blown away by how many Yankee ... I think me and Rich are the locals to that area. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: WAS: LP Standard Faded--also Baltimore trip comments
    ... Went to a Yankee game at Baltimore Camden Yards (met my son who lives ... Yankee fans go to Baltimore games, I was blown away by how many Yankee ... I think me and Rich are the locals to that area. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: OT - Yankees = The Haliburton of Baseball
    ... allows the best player on a team -- the best offensive player in the ... as to what this franchise is really about -- are the fans. ... of exposure to the dreaded specimen known as Yankee Fan, ... cruelty is present there every game, every inning, no matter who they ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: WAS: LP Standard Faded--also Baltimore trip comments
    ... Went to a Yankee game at Baltimore Camden Yards (met my son who lives ... Yankee fans go to Baltimore games, I was blown away by how many Yankee ... Last Place during the game! ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: OT: Like "Homer " annoncers? Os have the best.
    ... that so many fans of other teams flock to their park. ... If the same happened in Yankee Stadium, ... announcers to get on bended knee when an opposing pitcher walked off ... For starters if Schilling had pitched a good or great game I have no ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)