Re: Childhood memories with guitar content

"chickenpicker2000@xxxxxxxxxxx" <chickenpicker2000@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

On Dec 9, 2:18 pm, Spender <Spen...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:03:11 -0500, jtees4 <jte...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqnU83wPmfc

Roy's name doesn't seem to be mentioned enough when people talk of
great
guitarists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipweRXwPFiQ&feature=related

I think he was hamstrung by the whole Hee Haw image. If Clapton was
saddled with dancing pigs I suppose people might shy away from
talking
about him also.

This arrangment came from my father. Roy and my Dad played together in
Wanda Jacksons band. My dad was band leader and roy was second
guitarist. Known Roy all my Life.............Dave

I talk to his daughter every once in a while. She's a great lady...

I don't agree about Hee Haw. If anything, it gave him an audience he
might have never had. It certainly didn't cheapen his image. Sure, it
was a goofy show, but he was a classy guy with a good sense of humor -
that's how he came off to me...
.