Re: minimalist rock at its best

Jim <inse@ttle> wrote:

On 11/30/2010 1:38 PM, Spender wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:27:43 -0600, The Repair Guy
<repairguy1993@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Squier<squier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

c'mon - if you don't like this - you don't have a pulse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-CukK3eYt0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXGXaB9hHc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FdJajqxmU

Beat me to a Ramones link!!!

There's something about a pounding basic chord progression into a
cranked JMP feeding greenbacks that grabs something deep in my reptilian
center!

Lots of examples, but here's one other:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3ixFHIE0U8

Simple beat, simple chord progression, Marshall tone, and attitude on
the vocals.

Their "Acid Eaters" album covers classic rock tunes.

Like "Needles and Pins": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxZWQFvFsv0

And here's a rare audio only clip of Surf City done live (a studio
version is on Acid Eaters): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJziPJzXto

ah there's always one more...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLHLxPJPNwA

I mean seriously if any guitarist here wouldn't be
rockin out on stage with this song - then you're already dead.
Just crank up the Marshalls and go.
This stuff rocks.

  • Re: minimalist rock at its best
    ... Simple beat, simple chord progression, Marshall tone, and attitude on ... Their "Acid Eaters" album covers classic rock tunes. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: minimalist rock at its best
    ... There's something about a pounding basic chord progression into a cranked JMP feeding greenbacks that grabs something deep in my reptilian center! ... Their "Acid Eaters" album covers classic rock tunes. ...
    (alt.guitar)