Re: here's how to play a tele

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:15:50 +0800, Greendistantstar
<Greendistantstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 13/10/2010 5:12 AM, Squier wrote:
Country Road ala Keith Urban
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_oVsI5p3bg&fmt=18 (stereo)

not super flashy but simply damn good.
makes it look easy (as real pros always do).

From a tribute-to-James-Taylor at Washington Center.
Andrea Zonn is the violinist and Steve Gadd on drums.
Mike Landau is the guitarist playing the red Gibson SG.

For anyone out there not familiar with country/country rock
as you can see there are a lot of instruments out there and
you have to be able to sit in the mix - and - cut when needed
with your tones - not just kick on some huge volume boost.
Anyways - it's a lot of instruments playing and it's a great
mix to show what live playing can sound like with pros doing it
and not blowing your ear drums out (imho).

And yeah I like to rock out and dime the amps but
I've also learned a whole lot by playing with country
players about volume control and how to sound big and full
by using tones and not big volume.

Yeah I know Paisley is definitely no slouch but
Urban can cut a track as good as anyone out there. (imho)

ah I type too much again.

Nice, but why does he sing with an American accent?

its the Ozzy effect!!!!!!!!

  • Re: Your 5 most annoying Dead sounds
    ... In article, Edwin Hurwitz ... Yeah, that was an ominous combo--he couldn't play nearly as well as ... Ok, if you want to pick nits, let's say that the sound itself of Pig's ... I kind of liked his playing, ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: heres how to play a tele
    ... makes it look easy (as real pros always do). ... Mike Landau is the guitarist playing the red Gibson SG. ... with your tones - not just kick on some huge volume boost. ... mix to show what live playing can sound like with pros doing it ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Heres Really How to ( was Re: heres how to play a tele
    ... makes it look easy (as real pros ... Anyways - it's a lot of instruments playing ... to sound big and full by using tones and not big volume. ... Yeah I know Paisley is definitely no slouch but Urban can cut a track as ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: heres how to play a tele
    ... makes it look easy (as real pros always do). ... Mike Landau is the guitarist playing the red Gibson SG. ... mix to show what live playing can sound like with pros doing it ... And yeah I like to rock out and dime the amps but ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Heres Really How to ( was Re: heres how to play a tele