Re: How much for an album?

JohnnyD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:39:39 -0700 (PDT), dvaoa<dvaoa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Aug 26, 8:29 am, TheChris<cabel...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Andy<nospam@> wrote innews:ieghk7-rm3.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Thoughts?

$10 - I always think an album is worth $10.

Not all albums...

Like others, I prefer buying the CD, lossless, all the artwork/liner
notes. If I'm buying an mp3 album, no way am I paying more than $5.

-d

CDs are hardly lossless,

Yes, they are. They are provably lossless.

and an MP3 at 256k or better is
indistinguishable from a CD by your ears. The difference can be
measured, but it is too small a difference for you to detect, no
matter how discerning you think you are. The equipment you use to
listen is a FAR bigger factor. So is ambient noise, even in a very
quiet room.

--
Les Cargill

  • Re: The BBC2 DOG and the BBCs insulting reply
    ... Sure but as long as you're still paying your tv licence and/or buying ... Since there is a very tenuous link between advertising and buying the ... If all drivers in the country stayed home for a ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Downloading tracks/albums (legally)
    ... *music* would be the real motivation of buying the product, ... And if you're really buying the cd ... True, but it's a bargain compared to paying for a tiny bit of bandwidth, ... comparing paintings and copies of cd's isn't accurate. ...
    (rec.music.hip-hop)
  • Re: Buying a guitar
    ... You are just paying for the name with the Gibson. ... I was thinking about buying a Les Paul Classic until I started reading ... They buy a cheap guitar for it's lumber and turn it onto something ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: [SLE] Suse 9.1 & Canada
    ... and not buying it form the U.S. and paying ... > duties and then taxes on it. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Victum of Counterfeit Software
    ... My interpretation of what DaWalRus is getting at is if someone buys a computer in good faith (paying for the OS in the price) and not realising a dodgy version of Windows is installed, after the Genuine Advantage tool does it's thing they then have to pay for another licence. ... To most of us it isn't such a big deal, we buy a licence, we sort it out, but to some that's a lot of pressure for buying something in innocence. ... I feel more like the vendor is working to protect it's rights and it's been no inconvenience to me or our clients. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)