Re: Wiring help needed

On 8/10/2010 9:50 AM, jtees4 wrote:
I have a Hohner G3T. It is two single coil pickups with a humbucker in
the bridge (like a HSS Strat). The humbucker can be split via
pull/push tone knob. Also, each pickup has a mini switch so they can
be turned on or off at will and in any combination (pretty versatile
actually).
My question is this....I want to eliminate the tone knob altogether.
The humbucker would be left in full bucker mode only.
Is there an easy way to disconnect it without major surgery (very
tight work area, my fat fingers don't do well in the cavity of this
one).
Thanks.

****
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789610

Are you removing the tone pot for tone reasons, or to eliminate the knob. If for tone reasons, you could always try opening the pot and removing a bit of the carbon trace at the "10" knob position, which would take it out of the circuit.

  • Re: Wiring help needed
    ... My question is this....I want to eliminate the tone knob altogether. ... The humbucker would be left in full bucker mode only. ... Are you removing the tone pot for tone reasons, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Wiring two Dirty Harry (P-90 clone) into a Humbucker
    ... cheap Squire Strat I acquired for $50. ... coils, I'm just gonna replace the bridge pup. ... so I'm gonna go with a Humbucker. ... 500k volume pot and then wire up the 2 singles to a standard 250k tone ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Combining guitar pickups and other un-orthodox ideas
    ... combined into 1 "humbucker". ... "Humbucker tone" is just added inductance. ... The concept behind a humbucking pickup is that you have one coil with pole pieces that picks up the strings as well as external magnetic field, and another coil that picks up as closely as it can to the same external magnetic field and as little of the sting vibration as possible. ... Watch the videos on the Music Man Game Changer web page and you'll hear heartfelt testimonials from guitarists bubbling over with enthusiasm about how it's changed the way they use their guitars. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Humbuckers in a Strat for Classic Rock
    ... I have the Gilmour pickups in one strat ... Complete with SPC and EXG active tones? ... ways towards covering a humbucking tone, ... I find the EMG humbucker size to be less ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: mexi strat and s-1 humbucker mods
    ... but looking for a good 4 wire humbucker. ... Anyways most single coils want to have 250k pots ... This will be your 250k tone pot with .047 cap. ...
    (alt.guitar)