Re: This week I did some Zeppelin

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 22:15:23 +0000, TD wrote:

On 2010-07-24, Meat Plow <mhywatt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:10:46 -0700, Topper.Doggle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

A little bit sloppy, I haven't played this for a long time. Although
the original is sloppy too. ;-)

Anyway, here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F_skyXerds

I should probably do less covers and work more on my original stuff,
but it's just kind of fun. And addictive...

I was jammin with that when it came out in 75 :) Used a Big Muff and an
Ibanez phase shifter and my SG through a VT22.

Cool - I used to play it "back in the day" i.e. when I actually played a
lot. Technically, I've been playing 15 years, but in the last 7-8,
barely picked it up - that's all changing now.

I used a Korg Pandora PX5D and my crappy sub / satellite speakers. :)

Took a few takes because I'm not that used to switching pickups mid-song
(yes I'm that lazy), but I was determined for this one.

I've constructed some cool Zep patches on my Peavey Tube Fex. Other than
being a rack mount I love that thing. It will do everything but suck your
dick.

  • Re: How to improve accuracy?
    ... that my playing is sloppy - I seem to be physically unable to play a ... than slow practice, which I'm already doing, and practice with a ... play them ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)
  • How to improve accuracy?
    ... that my playing is sloppy - I seem to be physically unable to play a ... than slow practice, which I'm already doing, and practice with a ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)
  • Re: Valve combo Vox/Marshall overdriven with humbuckers
    ... period and a few of these are BBC radio sessions. ... The guy who apologised for his sloppy playing - but that was his ... Sorry, mate, but sloppy is just sloppy and if you think that, you have ... If I can digress, some may consider it some sort of bravery, but I ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: Top 5 WORST Guitarists??????????
    ... do Hendrix better than Hendrix, ... sloppy was simply incredble to watch. ... law against playing guitar like that!" ... But when Jimi came along, nobody out there was doing ANYTHING like it ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: K. Richards on a rant, trashtalks Zep
    ... playing. ... sloppy soloing...Even in the Earl's Court shows he was starting on his ... I've heard TSRTS and heard plenty of bootlegs of Zep ...
    (alt.guitar)