Re: What guitar tone do you hate?
- From: saddlebag <saddlebag@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 09:15:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 24, 10:05 am, "Steve M. Mann" <rockermannLOS...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 4/24/2010 5:52 AM, The Interceptor wrote:
The thread on what popular/good guitarist do you hate was eventful, so I
thought I'd try this variant.
A few suggestions to kick things off:
- One might propose that anything Clapton did after dropping the Gibson for
Fender, but the truth is he still got some good sounds out of a
Stratocaster. That said, does Clapton's post Gibson tone get a description
akin to the "Woman Tone" era?
- Vivian Campbell's tone on the Dio album Holy Diver - lack balls for that
sort of music. The title track could do with plenty more "chunk".
- Mick Mars of Motley Crue in the solo for Home Sweet Home (terrible solo
too, and the song isn't much better).
It's actually not that easy to find a tone that I hate: perhaps "every tone
has a home"?
Which tone do I hate?
Anything except supper distorted over saturated HEAVY METAL tones.
Everything is is WEAK! :)
I'm kidding of course. Actually, if I could duplicate that Gary Moore
'Still Got the Blues' solo tone, I would never look for another.
I like this guy's sound even better and I can come pretty close to
it. I put a DiMarzio Bluesbucker in the neck of my Tele and play it
thru a gained up Pork Loin into a Fender Deluxe Reverb. And best of
all, my DiMarzios don't hummmm...
- Prev by Date: Re: What guitar tone do you hate?
- Next by Date: Re: What guitar tone do you hate?
- Previous by thread: Re: What guitar tone do you hate?
- Next by thread: Re: What guitar tone do you hate?