Re: What "popular or good" guitarist do you hate?
- From: Rui Maciel <rui.maciel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:17:10 +0100
Met Joe Pass in Alex Axe store 48th street NYC mid to late 1970's. Was
with my friend Louie (RIP) who recognized him and got all excited (he
was into jazz as well as rock). I did not know who Joe was at the
time. The owner asked us if we wanted to stay or leave...we stayed and
got locked in for a private concert as he tried out about 20 guitars.
He was amazing, he was playing lead guitar BUT WITH CHORDS! It was
cool and I've been a fan every since. He was a nice guy as was his son
who was with him.
End of old guy story.
Kudos for the Joe Pass reference. I've only discovered his stuff a while back and I have to
say that listening to his Intercontinental or even Portraits of Duke Ellington is a truly
- Prev by Date: Re: Elvira
- Next by Date: Re: What "popular or good" guitarist do you hate?
- Previous by thread: Re: What "popular or good" guitarist do you hate?
- Next by thread: Acoustic amp for electric?