Re: IMHO....

On 4/21/2010 8:31 AM, JrSamples wrote:
On Apr 21, 7:47 am, Greendistantstar<Greendistants...@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Nil wrote:
In article<voqdnZck57EYc1PWnZ2dnUVZ_vOdn...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Greendistants...@xxxxxxxxxxxx says...
IMHO this is the greatest white-guy blues guitar performance ever.
(Willie Dixon on bass IIRC...)

Simply staggering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxOiiqleJuI

"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is no
longer available in your country."

(referring to USA, apparently.)

Really? Oh, sorry about that. I get that some from some US sites, regional shit.

Johnny Winter - "Be Careful With a Fool".

GDS

"Let's roll!"

Can't get the video, But I agree that Johnny Winter was electrifying.
I saw him at SXSW a few years back and he wasn't himself... I don't
know if it was a temporary setback or not.

I have always told poeple touting SRV that he couldn't tote Jonhnny's
jock-strap. I still feel that way. Johnny could put the chills down
your neck with his energy& talent. SRV bored me to tears. I walked
out on SRV once when he& Beck were touring together. Thank God Jeff
played 1st that night.

"Was"? I wasn't aware that he died?

West

  • Re: Dime is eating up by hard drive!!
    ... >>defrag my 120 GB hard drive this morning and there wasn't enough free ... >Johnny Winter 1973 Toronto ... >Pere Ubu - Krefeld, Germany, Haus Blumenthal 22.02.81 FLAC ... >SRV 1983 04-17 Billy Bob's, Fort Worth, TX ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: cool! Don Evans & band are opening act for Johnny Winters in March!
    ... I agree about Johnny Winter smoking SRV. ... Never got bored hearing Johnny Winter play. ... that SRV had better all around playing skills but I still cant stand ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: IMHO....
    ... (referring to USA, apparently.) ... Johnny Winter - "Be Careful With a Fool". ...
    (alt.guitar)