Re: Tuck & Patti - Castles Made Of Sand/Little Wing

On 02 Apr 2010, LULU <lulupakalolo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in alt.guitar:

Tuck & Patty Andress working out on a pair of Hendrix standards.
They always get to the heart and soul of a tune. Tuck is as
gifted as guitarists come! Nice job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M56QwDjE6PQ&feature=related

I love these guys. They're so real.

I had the pleasure of seeing the a few years ago in a club so tiny that
I was seated literally *under* Tuck's guitar neck. Can't hardly get any
closer than that! Tuck was playing this odd solidbody travel guitar
instead of his big hollowbody. They came out on stage with this crate,
which when opened up had their complete vocal and guitar amplification
and monitoring system in it. When they were done, everything folded up
in the box in about 5 minutes and they were ready to hit the road! It
could all have fit in the back seat of a Volkswagen, and it sounded
excellent.

  • FS Guitar CDs (LOTS of them)
    ... These are all guitar CD's sorted by category. ... Tuck Andress – Reckless Precision ... George Van Eps & Howard Alden – ... Billy Joe Walker Jr. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: EMG SA and jazz tone
    ... I thought Tuck used Bartolini pickups? ... Introducing Sheets of Sound for Guitar ... "Let the music govern the way you play guitar instead of the guitar ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Rhythmic aspect of chord-melody
    ... guitar --- I can't say I've heard it that much. ... Tuck? ... Lenny Breau, Ron Eschete, Martin Taylor...there are a lot of monsters ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: look why I love to play the guitar...
    ... such a funny picture ... How A guitar can make a difference in your life!!! ... were to stop wearing white socks and tuck in his shirt!!! ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Timely NPR story (copyright stuff)
    ... You can now play guitar, but you still have to learn the Craft. ... I didn't write my first "real" tune until ... This is why almost all musicians have a day job or other means of support. ... If she's not gigging, she's traveling to a gig, if she's not traveling, she's at my dining room table, working on her laptop. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)