Re: Paul McCartney and Ray Davies Concerts-Last Week In Phoenix,AZ
- From: LULU <lulupakalolo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:48:16 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 31, 5:57 pm, Squier <squ...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nil <redno...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 31 Mar 2010, Squier <squ...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in alt.guitar:
It's really good stuff - even the more modern stuff like
"Superman" and Paranoia are cool. But personally when I heard
'You Really Got Me' I was hooked. I know Ray didn't play the solo
but he was still part of the group and that song rocks.
But... he did.
wow. ok thanks for that. I was always told that his brother Dave did the solo
on that song.
Credit for the Kinks' legendary guitar distortion goes to lead
guitarist Dave Davies, who slit his Elpico amplifier speaker with a
single-edged Gillette razor blade. His moving 5ths style of chording
shows up later on a lot of heavy rock and early metal albums. Dave
and Ray still don't get along very well. Brothers will be brothers.
- Prev by Date: I have to get rid of my computer
- Next by Date: Re: Nice little pick up
- Previous by thread: Re: Paul McCartney and Ray Davies Concerts-Last Week In Phoenix,AZ
- Next by thread: Re: Paul McCartney and Ray Davies Concerts-Last Week In Phoenix,AZ