Re: Guitar Myths that bother me.....
- From: Rufus <not@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:42:10 -0800
On Mar 8, 2:49 pm, Rufus <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:Squier wrote:..."that's no fuzzy duffle bag...that's my cousin, Fuzzy Mae. You canDr. Zontar <drzon...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:why you wanna step on big ellen ?
On Mar 8, 7:41 am, jtees4 <jte...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. Resonance is good for solid body electrics. I know most dissagreeHuh? How is this a myth? How could resonance be bad? To me, anything
with me, but there, I said it anyway.
that increases sustain is a good thing. I've found that if an electric
sounds full and resonant when unplugged, it will sound good through an
amp (unless the pickups are total garbage).
2. Pedals without a pedal used to be called stomp boxes, but now stompI think they've all been called "pedals" since the beginning. I'm
boxes AND pedals are all called pedals. Example. MXR Distortion= stomp
box. Crybaby=pedal. I know most dissagree with me, but there, I said
pretty sure I remember interviews from the 60's where Hendrix or Jeff
Beck referred to all their effects as "pedals", such as "Fuzz Face
But the big question is, why does this bother you? Who cares what
people call a certain device? I'm not putting you down, just trying to
understand. If you decide to call your Distortion Plus a "stompbox" or
a "pedal" or even "Big Ellen", fine. Go ahead. I don't mind.
she never done you no wrong.
sit on her though...just don't go flickin' no boogers on her"...
- Rufus- Hide quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
Happy hoardes of humble homely hillibillies....
....AHA! Finally, somebody else that's hung out in bus stations spittin' and pickin' their nose...
- Prev by Date: Re: Guitar Myths that bother me.....
- Next by Date: Re: Saxophone
- Previous by thread: Re: Guitar Myths that bother me.....
- Next by thread: Re: Guitar Myths that bother me.....