Re: Harrison's "Give Me Love" with lap steel
- From: "RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:21:48 -0500
Lawrence Logic <lawrence-OmitThisBit-logic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in messagehttp://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=787260&songID=8728437
As I have mentioned here before, I picked up a cheap lap steel a
couple of months ago, and I postponed really learning to play it
I had this idea of doing a cover version of George Harrison's "Give
Me Love", and I thought it would be a natural for the lap steel, so
that gave me some incentive to get busy!
Anyway, I've been working on this song for the past few weeks and
finally got it finished.
Purists will note that t's not a carbon copy, there are a number of
intentional variations from the original, notably dropping the piano
part and replacing it with another guitar part. Also, the bass part
doesn't attempt to replicate the original but tries to be true to the
song's "spirit". But I did attempt to reproduce the original
(two-track) slide part.
Comments and criticisms welcome!
Thanks Rich. I really enjoyed that. The slide was pretty-much spot
- Prev by Date: Re: How many times ....
- Next by Date: Re: Harrison's "Give Me Love" with lap steel
- Previous by thread: Re: Harrison's "Give Me Love" with lap steel
- Next by thread: Re: Harrison's "Give Me Love" with lap steel