Re: Speaking of Tone Heaven

Spender <Spender@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 13:59:31 -0500, "RichL" <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Too Long in the Wasteland <too@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If you can't find your tone with these many knobs you never will ..

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/GTRs/airline-3P/images/airline3P-big/airline3PDLXwhite.jpg

All that hardware and still limited to the Strat set of pickup
selections. What a waste.

It looks like it's a volume and tone for each pickup, with a master
volume at the bottom. I can see how some tweakers would find that
useful.

Maybe, but still you can't get bridge + neck pickups together or all
three.

Or maybe the theory is similar to Bill Cosby's Philco radio with 400
knobs. Only one knob actually did anything - the rest were extras in
case that knob broke.

Heh...that line was at the beginning of "The Chicken Heart", one of my
favorite Cosby routines.

  • Re: Epi Dot Studio
    ... First I changed the neck pickup to the "Humbucker From Hell". ... pickup to the "Virtual PAF Pro" with another mini switch. ... care if I had a tone knob. ... so I changed the 500k tone knob to a 1megohm volume knob. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Epi Dot Studio
    ... First I changed the neck pickup to the "Humbucker From Hell". ... pickup to the "Virtual PAF Pro" with another mini switch. ... care if I had a tone knob. ... so I changed the 500k tone knob to a 1megohm volume knob. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Speaking of Tone Heaven
    ... All that hardware and still limited to the Strat set of pickup ... selections. ... What a waste. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Epi Dot Studio
    ... I like mine it's a good cheap $500 guitar. ... pickup to the "Virtual PAF Pro" with another mini switch. ... care if I had a tone knob. ... so I changed the 500k tone knob to a 1megohm volume knob. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: push/pull pot as selector switch?
    ... piezo pickup arranegemnt similar to the K&K Archtop passive system ... (two piezo elements wired in parallel and placed under the top inside ... puch/pull volume control pot. ... the accompanying push-push volume knob for it (or you ...
    (alt.guitar)