- From: iL_weReo <caljamscott@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:52:22 -0800 (PST)
Select synopsis of the 1973 material. Mind you this is all in
Digibeta, as opposed to the original Super 8.
1) The BeatleStage at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium in Queens, New York.
Not the actual Beatles playing off, rather the exact same stage as it
is being set up for the Chicago/Beach Boys concert in the early 1970s.
Again everything listed is from the early 1970s. Just about all the
ancients you can think of played off this stage, including the
incident with Jimi Hendrix and the Monkees I believe happened on this
exact same stage.
2) A house band playing 200 miles due east of the Watkins-Glen Summer
Jam (600,000 attendees) on the exact same date which is July 28, 1973.
3) First footage of one of the world's biggest businessman today.
4) The Greatest Athlete Who Ever Lived. Makes a mockery of football
and baseball. He was also the greatest in basketball, but no footage
5) Scenes of a summer sleep-away camp in the Northeastern United
States. Film features 100 adorable children dancing, laughing, playing
etc. Also features mind antics from teenagers and adults alike.
Includes waterfront and rowboat scenes.
6) Uncle Al, the greatest folk comedian of all time. His routines
today are still fresh and will make you laugh out loud hysterically.
7) More back of house footage from the Forest Hills Tennis Stadium.
Includes front of house doubles match and crowd shots. Also features
close-up of a human advertising mascot. Also shown are close-up clips
of a Yankees legend shaking hands with me and my camera assistant.
8) An annex to Fort Roosa in upstate New York Sullivan County, where
Woodstock took place. Fort and annex were built in 1731 and were the
oldest buildings in the county. Structure no longer exists.
9) The Macy's house on Queens Blvd in New York City. Was a tremendous
news magnet in its day. An elderly woman refused to sell this house
which was situated right next to Macy's and First National City Bank
(today's Citibank). Until the day she died no construction could take
10) An attractive teenager lifting weights.
11) A scene of old cars rolling in Long Island, New York. Shot from a
gas station. If you're unfamiliar with the kinds of cars permeating
American streets in 1973 you'll have to call this scene bizarre.
12) The World Trade Center under construction. Scenes include parked
cars and the surrounding areas such as Vesey street which is a
tenement area as contrasted to the WTC growing up at its feet.
This should replace awl retro films on earth, if there are any.
Everyone knows I am the only one who matters in music, and film.
- Prev by Date: Re: Orianthi killer :-P
- Next by Date: Re: Orianthi killer :-P
- Previous by thread: Results of virgin "solo acoustic" endeavor
- Next by thread: Single coils, what are the limitations?