Re: Hitting the zone

Lawrence Logic wrote:
"Mark Bedingfield" <atari030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4b07c00d$0$1783$afc38c87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lawrence Logic wrote:
"Mark Bedingfield" <atari030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4b072642$0$1784$afc38c87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just practising a bit this morning, let the kids go nuts and locked myself away for half an hour. I played (in no particular order);

Black Knight - Deep Purple
Black Knight is Ritchie. Black Night is the song. Sorry to be picky (actually it's my job, so I'm not really sorry. Sorry!).

<snip>
I'm not a huge DP fan, so I'll consider myself educated ;-)
Now I can't play the Blues (or much else) when I'm depressed or worried.
I kind-of know how you feel, even though depression should make the blues flow from your very existence. I guess you have to take the emotion rather than the cause when you play. Forget what made you feel that way; just take the angst out on your fret board!!

I find the memory of being blue, inspiring, when I'm happy again. Is that weird?

I guess if you're genuinely feeling low, maybe nothing will come out. In that respect, what you've said isn't weird.

Maybe substance abuse is the key. If you were feeling low, and then drank heaps of piss, and then felt like crap the day after, the blues would magically manifest itself in your fingers. I can't remember who said it a while back, maybe DeeAa, that he played better when he was in recovery mode. There's an element of truth in that. Maybe you should lower your standards and drink some of the cheaper stuff!

LOL, that picked me up a bit. Just had a couple of Carlton Coldies and nada. I don't expect to wail BB King tho.

I never really get depressed, at least not for long. Shit always works out in the end and I'm not a worrier. Soon as I'm all moneyed up again tho, its band time. If you got the gear, use it ;-)

Mark

  • Re: Hitting the zone
    ... Black Knight - Deep Purple ... Black Night is the song. ... I kind-of know how you feel, even though depression should make the blues ... I guess if you're genuinely feeling low, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Hitting the zone
    ... Black Knight - Deep Purple ... If you were feeling low, and then drank heaps of piss, and then felt like crap the day after, the blues would magically manifest itself in your fingers. ... That's what I drink nowadays. ... It's too easy to drink though, so I usually drink a whole carton in a sitting. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Hitting the zone
    ... Black Knight - Deep Purple ... blues flow from your very existence. ... That's what I drink ... Only $33 per carton and no "trench mouth" a la drinking XXXX. ...
    (alt.guitar)