Fender 1984 Japan Strat "buzzing"

Awhile back I asked for advice on this guitar, and ended up buying it.
I have posted here many times about being a Gibson guy, but always
wanting to find a Strat I could love. I've owned a bunch over the
years and could never bond with one.
This one is different. It's funny but the Fender type 1 bridge in
combo with the locking thing (not really a nut) really works well,
finally a Fender bridge that works, and the guitar stays in good
tune...and that's with a really nice floating bridge.
This guitar also sounds incredible, better than any strta I've ever
had for sure.
I still have single coil hum issues, and the guitar is fairly quiet in
pos 2 and 4...which works for me.
I have one question though...other than the single coil hum...I do get
some "electric buzzing" when not touching the bridge (fairly hard). I
know this is fairly common with strtas, this seems like a little more.
The ground seemed fine, and it's definitely tied to the bridge
correctly too. Any ideas on this?
Anyway, this may finally be my Strat. It plays better than any I've
ever touched, sounds better too. It's funny that I ended up with an
"oddball" Strat and that's the one I ended up liking.
I also like the fact that it is basswood (I think) and it is much
lighter thatn other strtas I've had too.

****
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789610

  • Re: preferences?
    ... I don't think there is a perfect guitar. ... I know what I like and that is Strat shaped. ... Ibanez Ghostrider GR520 and because of the optical illusion the bottom ... The gohto fixed bridge on the Ibanez PGM's is rather nice. ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: Advice: Fender Strat humbucker recommendations
    ... replacing this Strat's bridge pickup with a full humbucker. ... Is it hard to do without ruining the integrity of the guitar? ... When you see humbuckers on a Strat, ... Duncan Pearly Gates ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Advice: Fender Strat humbucker recommendations
    ... replacing this Strat's bridge pickup with a full humbucker. ... Is it hard to do without ruining the integrity of the guitar? ... When you see humbuckers on a Strat, ... Duncan Pearly Gates ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Advice: Fender Strat humbucker recommendations
    ... replacing this Strat's bridge pickup with a full humbucker. ... Is it hard to do without ruining the integrity of the guitar? ... When you see humbuckers on a Strat, ... Duncan Pearly Gates ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar)
  • Re: Resurection of an old B-25
    ... They also got adjustable bridge ... retaining pillars into which the saddle supports are screwed. ... Often ignored by guitar buyers because of their less than inspiring ... The real 'old time' Gibson sound is something you just can't get out of any ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)