Re: New Guitar Center Policy?
- From: dugjustdug <prestigerealty@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 09:53:42 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 7, 8:46 am, Thunderbird <aloy.par...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Nov 6, 9:05 pm, Twibil <nowayjo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is perfectly legal for Guitar Center, as a business, to demand a
referral fee, commission, etc. from you for steering business to you.
It is illegal for an employee of Guitar Center to ask that the fee be
paid to himself personally (not to the company) if and only if Guitar
Center suffers a loss from this act. For example, if Guitar Center did
not offer any repair services and did not have any agreements with
repair shops to subcontract work with or without referral fees, then
an employee steering business for a fee would not be violating any law
(but would almost definitely be violating company policy/ethics
rules), because they are not in the repair business.
What he said.
I think the term "kickback" is what's stuck in our collective craws.
Referral fees are a part of life these days in business. If this
Manager is laying it out differently, I'd endorse previous suggestions
of either getting it in writing, or, checking out the new "policy"
with the higher-ups.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ian Anderson Acoustic Tour - WOW ! ! !
- Next by Date: Re: New Guitar Center Policy?
- Previous by thread: Re: New Guitar Center Policy?
- Next by thread: Re: New Guitar Center Policy?