Buzzing acoustic string

My first and only acoustic guitar is an upgraded inexpensive guitar. I
put in a new nut, new tuners, a new saddle and new strings. No big
deal, but it sounds a lot better, except for one thing! The 5th string
buzzes when I use a capo, and the one piece I want to learn on this
one guitar requires a capo on the second fret. I have checked the nut,
and for the 5th string, it is as perfect as I could get it, and far
better than any other guitar I have. I have worked on the saddle, and
it is again as good as I can get it, a nice bone saddle, FWIW. I
raised the action a bit, and it still buzzes. Tried a different capo,
buzz city. Only the 5th string does this, everything else is OK, not
great mind you, but it works.

So I figure maybe it's the string itself...but...could it be something
else?

  • Re: High action on an acoustic
    ... Remember the "saddle and the bridge"? ... I think the truss rod is ok because between 1st and 12th fret the ... the guitar, the tension will bow the neck slightly. ... The distance mentioned above will depend on the string gauge, ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Tuning a step down & dialing in the guitar
    ... Anyway, this guitar came in with a bone saddle and nut, and sounding ... with no individual string intonation carved into it. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: High action on an acoustic
    ... new saddle are the same height, just sanding a bit will not do the job?" ... When you say "action" between the 1st and 12th fret, is that when the guitar ... The distance mentioned above will depend on the string gauge, ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: 12-string action
    ... good thing about it is the ease of compensating them. ... saddle so that where each string sits that part of the ... saddle can be bent to lengthen or shorten the string length.Of course ... sounding 12 string guitar. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: High action on an acoustic
    ... the new bridge in your guitar and and let us know how it plays. ... Remember the "saddle and the bridge"? ... I think the truss rod is ok because between 1st and 12th fret the ... The distance mentioned above will depend on the string gauge, ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)