Re: Scalloped neck "The outcome" (OP)

"SotR" <suitebarbershopquartet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4d1dcdbf-78cf-4536-ab47-cb95a184512d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sep 13, 12:33 am, "Lawrence Logic" <lawrence-OmitThisBit-lo...@amd-
p.com> wrote:
Twibil wrote:
> On Sep 12, 11:59 pm, "Lawrence Logic" <lawrence-OmitThisBit-lo...@amd-
> p.com> wrote:

>> The only "downside" you'd encounter is a propensity to play lighter
>> with your left hand, and tend to glide across the fingerboard
>> relatively effortlessly. That's something I've never regretted!

> You *have to* play lightly on a scalloped fingerboard: otherwise
> you'll constantly be unintentionally bending the strings out of tune.

Indeed, which was the whole point of my post. The necessity to play lighter
causes you to play that way anyway.

--
Lawrence
"I got such a raging clue that I almost shot clue goo all over Joe." - Frank

*****You have to play lightly on a scalloped fingerboard: otherwise
you'll constantly be unintentionally bending the strings out of tune.
****

Yes I understand and knew that going in. This was more of a "I just
knew it was not the guitar for me" syndrome. That is a problem I've
always had with Strats, I have to play a million to find one I like,
but when I do it's heaven. That being the case the next Scalloped I
play may be it, or perhaps I will never like a scalloped board. I'll
keep looking, it's a want rather than a need. I have plenty of
guitars, just don't have a Strat.

SotR

<g> Almost OT. I'm not normally a strat person - While I like Leo's design ideas much better than Gibson, I've never found one I wanted to spend money, until last Saturday. - An American Deluxe with modern stagger noiseless pickups. It sounded excellent, but what really made it was the one piece maple neck. I was a fairly pronounced V, and the V profile went right to the edge of the fretboard. An unusual feel but I really liked it.

Tony D

.

Quantcast