Re: Double Fender score

RichL <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bought *two* Fender guitars today from my local used instrument store!

(1) American Standard Telecaster, black, 2003/2004 judging by the
serial number. Stock. The action's a bit low and it's strung with
.009s but it's definitely got potential. I'll slap a set of Ernie
Ball skinny top/heavy bottom (.010-.052) strings on it, tweak it a
little, and we'll see how it does.

(2) DG-47S/12, acoustic 12-string. I was hesitant about a Fender MIK
acoustic but this one sounds and plays great! Nice, low action. The
intonation is nearly perfect. I can play barre chords high up on the
neck without anything sounding "off".

A while back I said I had three things on my GAS list. Two down, one
to go (lap steel).

Pics to come...

Iffy-quality pics here:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u267/rpleavitt/AmStdTele.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u267/rpleavitt/GD47S.jpg

ah! now you have a real guitar finally! (Tele - slab of wood with
a neck sticking out). You gotta work for the tones - great stuff
to be had in there. You can't just hit big chords with humbuckers
anymore and have an easy time of it. <g>.
Just razzing you. And you get great sounds with scale runs on those
wound strings. Ah - Teles are cool!

If you get tired of the hum then Dimarzio Area T neck and Area T bridge.
You're all set. (imho)

Anyways good to hear you got the Telecaster.
Personally the American Teles from 2000 - 2007 are
some of the best playing teles ever made (that I've tried).
Easy to play necks and have that nice smooth satin finish.
Stainless frets should last a long time too.

  • Re: Double Fender score
    ... neck without anything sounding "off". ... Personally the American Teles from 2000 - 2007 are ... Easy to play necks and have that nice smooth satin finish. ... Am Std Teles and Strats from 2000 - 2007 had stainless steel frets. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Double Fender score
    ... neck without anything sounding "off". ... Personally the American Teles from 2000 - 2007 are ... Easy to play necks and have that nice smooth satin finish. ... Am Std Teles had Stainless Steel frets? ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: 1983 Fender Tele
    ... It's a slab of wood mated to a maple neck. ... Make sure the bridge mounting was done well. ... Take a look at the strings going over the neck ... The CBS era Teles can have just one string tree and so make ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: 1983 Fender Tele
    ... It's a slab of wood mated to a maple neck. ... Make sure the bridge mounting was done well. ... Take a look at the strings going over the neck ... The CBS era Teles can have just one string tree and so make ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: my take on the new 2008 MIA Teles
    ... What was a let down to me is that the new MIA Telecasters (standard ... older stainless steel saddles with offset intonation screws. ... Those who use high gain with Teles say the extra screws help fight ... The new neck has a darker shinier poly finish on the front to ...
    (alt.guitar)