Hey Joe - Key?

I was on youtube tonight and I just played along with 'Live performances' of
Jimi doing Hey Joe....'app., 10 times.
The thing is, I played it in the keys of D, E, F, and even some were in E
Flat and F Sharp.
Just what key 'did' he really play this number in?

J.

  • Re: Hey Joe - Key?
    ... performances' of Jimi doing Hey Joe....'app., ... The thing is, I played it in the keys of D, E, F, and even some were ... That's how I play it...but I think he's also tuned down a half step, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Hey Joe - Key?
    ... performances' of Jimi doing Hey Joe....'app., ... The thing is, I played it in the keys of D, E, F, and even some ... If the videos were all playing at the correct speeds, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Hey Joe - Key?
    ... performances' of Jimi doing Hey Joe....'app., ... The thing is, I played it in the keys of D, E, F, and even some were ... That's how I play it...but I think he's also tuned down a half step, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Hey Joe - Key?
    ... performances' of Jimi doing Hey Joe....'app., ... The thing is, I played it in the keys of D, E, F, and even some were ... That's how I play it...but I think he's also tuned down a half step, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Melodic Minor Chords and Chord-Scale Relationships
    ... Keys and modes, ... If you and Phil want to freely use the word "key" like you do then go ... Hey, hey, I'm Phil, not Philistine! ... are from melodic minor, harmonic minor or natural minor, um... ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)