Re: Can Anyone Recommend - Luthier in North MA/Southern NH area
- From: "Cram" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 17 Apr 2006 13:39:22 -0700
Got anything specific to mention with the service from Aztech?
my experience with the latest round of repairs was a retube for a
marshall head. I think he biased them too hot and when I was playing
LONG hours of rehearsal in the 1month after the repair I had the 3rd
tube fail and I took it back on a saturday. He recognized that I had
driven for a distance to come to him and suggested I wait around for
1hr (I went to a friend's place) while he worked it out.
He didn't charge me for the tubes and replaced a wire/connection in the
reverb tank for $10. I think he was pissed that the tube blew so he
cranked out the work to get me back up.
Now I could take the stance of thinking that he should have done it
right in the first place, but hey - he was considerate enough to make
it right (right at that moment) when he could have just put it in queue
with the rest of his work. Plus, he didn't mind talking to me about a
couple of combos I am dealing with right now and what could be causing
the behavior I am seeing..
He came on the recommendation of several working musicians in the area
Was it just his interpersonal manerisms? Like, the guy's a tech and
likely likes to do what techs do - work on amps. And the dealing with
customer parts may not be met !00% of the time...
- Prev by Date: Where to get Danelectro pedal jacks - also reply from Danelectro inside
- Next by Date: Re: Quick nitrogen feeds= how often?
- Previous by thread: Re: Can Anyone Recommend - Luthier in North MA/Southern NH area
- Next by thread: Re: Can Anyone Recommend - Luthier in North MA/Southern NH area