Sterno and the Flames (early 70's)

Back when I was a kid there was this band that used to play at our local
country club quite often (Central California Coast). I was too young to go
into the bar so I never saw them play. But they must have been pretty good
because they had them several times a year.
The name of the band was "Sterno and the Flames". They played upbeat early
rock style and wore these outrageous wigs that looked liked huge pompadours
that came to a cone shaped point in the front. Funny as hell but had a real
eye catching appeal.
The band hung out and we encountered some of them around the pool etc. They
were always real cool and friendly. Sure wish I could have seen their act.
For some odd reason they popped into my head today. has anyone ever heard
of them or better yet, might one of the members peruse this NG? Just curious
if any info pops up.
Hank L.

  • Re: One Man Band
    ... >acoustic guitar and singing great, over somebody who's just a poser in front ... >And I would love to play in a band, ... >And after I get the whole sequence "done," it isn't really, because any ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Ion Dissonance.....WHEW!!!!
    ... whatever style you play. ... because its a uniform display of raw intensity that both band and fans ... And if any of you happen to see my post about my drum issues I'm gonna ... Yell, scream, rant and rave. ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)
  • Re: One Man Band
    ... And I would love to play in a band, ... And after I get the whole sequence "done," it isn't really, because any ... I then start learning my guitar and vocal parts, ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • (Setlist) The Coven - Saturday 8th December
    ... decided to put the band on later, leaving me to start the night off, ... As some of you knew, originally Katscan were confirmed to play for us, ... Other thanks go out to CovenAlex for playing some great sets over the ... DJ Nephilimbabe 9pm - 10pm ...
    (uk.people.gothic)
  • Re: Gig Description from this past Saturday
    ... Groom was also wearing white - you know that one kid in every prom who gets ... Evidently this wedding was none too popular, as each family was camped out ... Check out my band, West Eats Meat http://www.myspace.com/westeatsmeat ... However, every single time we play, someone decides we're the PERFECT ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)