Re: Interest sustainer or distraction?

On Nov 28, 3:36 pm, "Tony Done" <tonyd...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is a beginner's (in the broad sense, not just newbie) topic.

I never lose interest in guitars, but the object of my interest varies quite
quickly over time. Acoustic slide, electric slide, pickup swapping,
fingerpicking etc. Recently it was Deep River Blues, which coincided with me
putting the tricone back in standard tuning, that got me back into working
on my fingerpicking again. FWIW, I think I've improved over the past
10years, Deep River is coming along better than it did last time I tried it,
but having good teaching aids like a sounding editing program could have a
lot to do with that.

So, the question up for discussion is to what extent does variety lead to
improvement?

To whatever extent you persist until you have success with the
latest. Regards, daveA

  • Re: Interest sustainer or distraction?
    ... Acoustic slide, electric slide, pickup swapping, ... Recently it was Deep River Blues, ... on my fingerpicking again. ... Personally, I don't hold that there's any "right" or "wrong" way to learn, or to be creative - mostly because I hold creativity to be a hugely if not entirely personal endeavor. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Interest sustainer or distraction?
    ... Acoustic slide, electric slide, pickup swapping, ... working on my fingerpicking again. ... Deep River is coming along better than it did last time I ... need to diversify, to take breaks from the routine and go off in different ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Interest sustainer or distraction?
    ... Acoustic slide, electric slide, pickup swapping, ... Recently it was Deep River Blues, ... on my fingerpicking again. ... a lot better when you like your sound, or conversely are unable to play well ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Interest sustainer or distraction?
    ... Acoustic slide, electric slide, pickup swapping, ... working on my fingerpicking again. ... Tony D ... isn't to entertain potential audiences, it is simply preserving what I do, ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Interest sustainer or distraction?
    ... Acoustic slide, electric slide, pickup swapping, ... on my fingerpicking again. ... a lot better when you like your sound, or conversely are unable to play well ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)