A little musical challenge.
- From: "Tony Done" <tonydone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 05:33:11 +1000
This is a beginners group, so here's some technical stuff. Listen to the few
bars few bars of this:
The first two chords are E7 and Edim7 - 0x6757 and 0x5656. How many of can
get Doc's timing on the little phase that follows that? It could be tabbed
as 7p0,3s4,0 (p = pull off, s=slide). Then some twiddly bits based on an A7
chord, which are not too difficult for a fingerpicker. I don't play it like
that, but what ever I do I find the timing very difficult to get in the
smooth way that Doc does, especially the 3/4 slide. I first encountered it a
few years ago when a student asked me about it, and it came up again in a
recent rmmga thread. I've lost interest in Baker Street for the moment and
got a bit fixated on this again.
- Prev by Date: Re: Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Next by Date: Re: Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Previous by thread: NEW SONG WROTE & RECORDED BY ROMEO ROSE - Mayfield Park
- Next by thread: Re: A little musical challenge.