Re: radio

I very seldom listen to radio, as like you, am totally sick of classic
rock, and don't care for hip hop.

I listen to cds in the car, itunes at work, ipod at home. I get most
of my cds used on amazon. I have about 30 gig of music on my laptop.

I am currently listening to Garaj Mahal, a funk, jazz, middle east
influenced fusion band.

I listen to everything from jazz, blue grass, country, funk, fusion,
prog rock, singer song writer stuff, acoustic instrument, classical,
and occassionally Gregorian Chants.

However, I don't listen to much of what is on the radio. I get turned
on to new bands by a handful of students who bring stuff in to learn.
I do like some of the newer bands out there.

Paramore, Evanescence, Muse, Vedera, and others are interesting to me,
but I haven't heard anyone new on the top 40 scene in a long time,
who's stuff I wanted to buy.

  • Re: ASA Rules DAB Quality Claims Misleading
    ... CDs, encode to MP3/AAC and upload to your iPod. ... I find myself listening to radio more often than not. ... DAB than MW and that Radio 4 sounds better on DAB than the terrible ...
    (alt.radio.digital)
  • Re: Presenter Yates joins Doctor Who
    ... first played on the radio. ... And that's why so many people, including me, are not listening. ... So the sales charts would be a better indicator of which music has ... the radio and people like them but the album does not sell. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: Presenter Yates joins Doctor Who
    ... > would have been more accurate to say "2% goes to the artists, ... >> first played on the radio. ... > And that's why so many people, including me, are not listening. ... You could fit 4 whole albums in that time and if you wanted you could to alternate tracks between artists. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)
  • Re: FCC Approves AM HD at night
    ... knowledge of how American, mostly-commercial, advertiser supported radio ... are to help the station be profitable and to stay in legal compliance. ... there is essentially no listening below an arbitrary 10 mv/m signal level... ... researched fact that weaker signals just do not get real world listening. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)
  • Re: Honest thoughts about HD radio
    ... all simulcast FMs to do independent and separate programming. ... If 'i' was an FM "HD" Radio Broadcaster that also owned a local ... Aged and Disabled TV is Great -but- Listening is EVERYTHING! ... three times the number of stations showing up as they did in the early 60's. ...
    (rec.radio.shortwave)