Re: gig report

On Jul 29, 3:17 pm, Charmed Snark <sn...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ed s expounded innews:6d268e8a-182c-42d3-a2b3-dd0a088dc7e0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On Jul 29, 2:41 pm, Charmed Snark <sn...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ed s expounded
innews:eba31865-7dc4-4c2f-8e3e-3fb055e8a7c7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
oglegroups.com:

..

If a beginner thinks he suck (or knows it)  - and he still wants to
it till he doesn't suck - thats a good thing. ( I disappeared to my
room for 3 years, problem resolved )- e

But you "believed you _could_ do it". You believed
you could achieve your goal. It has nothing to do with
where you are (except perhaps that you are enjoying
the journey).

This is in total contrast to the belief "I'll _never_
do ..." or the veiled version of that, which is
couched in language like "I never want to be that good..".

Snark.

I didn't know if I could or not - maybe I was destined to be a Bass
player.
But I sure as hell wasn't going to give up till I gave it a damn good
try. - e

That took some belief to feel it was worth
the try!

The confidence was there.

Snark.- Hide quoted text -

The desire was there the confidence was somehwhat there. ( if Lumpy
could do it maybe I could) ... e

  • Re: WTB Martin HD 28 or 35 ?
    ... Lumpy wrote: ... in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area... ... but when I was looking for my last guitar I found a 35 in good condition for $1000. ... I wish I had known what the going price was elsewhere, maybe I could have made enough to pay for my guitar. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A310=2C000?=
    ... 'Hog wrote: ... I just don't understand the desire to buy that bike at all. ... BMW's that one might be worth 10k. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles.classic)
  • Re: Mo Meg
    ... "Lumpy" wrote in message ... "I led eBay from X worth to XXX worth ... Kris ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)
  • Re: Hide HTML Source Code
    ... I believe that the desire to hide the source code of a site is ... usually inversely proportionate to the actual worth of that source ... What is the worth of HTML source anyway? ... I mean, make a page available on the Web, and a million web developers could exactly duplicate the look and behaviour of the page without ever seeing the code. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Beat by a Computer on eBay
    ... suspend your ability to breathe air in North Korea. ... If he'll buy all three CDs, ... Lumpy, that's just not right. ... Now, if he'd buy CD sets for all of his friends, relatives, and business contacts, that might be worth it. ...
    (alt.marketing.online.ebay)