Re: Harrison's "Give Me Love" cover.
- From: RichL <rpleavitt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:24:07 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 7, 4:10 pm, MikeL <new.speedway.boo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 6, 12:35 pm, "RichL" <rpleav...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I picked up a cheap lap steel a couple of months ago, and I postponed
really learning to play it until recently.
I had this idea of doing a cover version of George Harrison's "Give Me
Love", and I thought it would be a natural for the lap steel, so that
gave me some incentive to get busy! (The original uses normal guitar
Anyway, I've been working on this song for the past few weeks and
finally got it finished.
Comments and criticisms welcome!
You wrote in another post that you're not satisfied with the vocals
but I think you sang it pretty damned well, especially the sustained
notes. Okay, there were a few spots where you were slightly off pitch
but overall it was really nice. The lap steel playing sounded good
- Prev by Date: Re: Newbie intro...
- Next by Date: Re: Newbie intro...
- Previous by thread: Re: Harrison's "Give Me Love" cover.
- Next by thread: some whawha