Alternating Bass On D Chord
- From: "Mr. Green" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 02:51:37 -0800 (PST)
I'm working out a fingerstyle version of Mellow Yellow. I'm playing it
in G major cause it's easy to finger the melody notes in that key.
Chords are just G, C and D, at least that's all I'm using ;-)
As with most tunes that use a D chord, I can't decide what bass notes
to use under the D chord. A lot of beginners books etc. say to use F#,
D, F#, D but I've never really been happy with using the third (F#) as
the first bass note in this sort of alternating pattern. I could
detune the bottom E to D but this messes up the bass on the G chord.
Another option is to alternate D on the 4th string with A on the 5th
string. I suppose I could even go A, D, A, D instead of D, A etc.
What alternating bass notes would you use under a D chord?
- Prev by Date: Re: website for Left Hand Chords ?
- Next by Date: Re: Alternating Bass On D Chord
- Previous by thread: Fingerstyle guitar for beginners - check out our video
- Next by thread: Re: Alternating Bass On D Chord