Thumb Position With Old Fingers
- From: "Mr. Green" <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
I've got a problem with the main joint of my left hand index finger.
It doesn't want to bend fully closed without hurting. OK so it's the
one I usually hit when using a hammer but, I also think it may be due
to years of guitar playing.
I'm a one for resting my thumb on the top of a thin neck. I've noticed
this of course, restricts the movement of my index finger and causes
it to have to bend more.
Been playing the old nylon strung lately and 'cause of it's wider
neck, I keep my thumb on the back. This thumb position definately
reduces the index finger ache.
Funny thing is, the index finger is much happier with bar chords than
open chords where it has to bend. Luckily I've always used my left
pinky so, I've still got three fully functioning fingers left ;-)
Anyone had similar problems? Could this be a reason not to over-do the
thumb around the top of the neck thing?
- Prev by Date: Re: Damn I'm Stupid (not really)
- Next by Date: Re: Thumb Position With Old Fingers
- Previous by thread: Re: Damn I'm Stupid (not really)
- Next by thread: Re: Thumb Position With Old Fingers