Re: Newb advice from a newb
- From: BlueBuyYoo <bluebuyyoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 23:12:53 -0400
Zombie Guy wrote:Newb device from a guitar newb(35 yrs old).Things I've learned since I got my first guitar 4 days ago.
I just bought a reasonably priced newb guitar after the salesman tried to sell me a $350 guitar to start out on(bought a $150 laminate top acoustic).I told him that this was my first time picking up a guitar so did he have a learning book?Gave me some piece of sh** with power chords and some inverted something or others that I might be able to use in a couple of years.
Buy a reasonably priced guitar to start, to see if you're going to stick with it.
Another tip: Best to get a friend who is experienced, and have him help you pick it out. If not, only buy with liberal return policy, then take it to a luthier and have it looked over.
And: BUY USED. Major metro areas have tons of stuff on craigslist. Buy from somebody who did not stick with it, and now needs extra cash. Save about 1/2.
Buy a decent instrument. Trying to learn on a guitar that goes out of tune and has high action is a recipe for frustration.
- Prev by Date: Re: Newb advice from a newb
- Next by Date: Re: finger excersizes - how do you extend reach?
- Previous by thread: Re: Newb advice from a newb
- Next by thread: Re: Newb advice from a newb