Re: question of the day - Feb 2
- From: Rufus <not@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 02:34:35 GMT
On Feb 2, 5:17 pm, "Lumpy" <lu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:And what's the best advice you ever got about playing the guitar?"If you can't play the chord for some reason,
mute the strings and play something percussive.
Just stay in rhythm"
There's a lot to be said for that. Bailed me out more than once when
that little used Gm11 pops up unexpectedly. By the time the "oh, it's
just that grip" nerve cells fire in my brain, we're three measure down
the road. Of course, if I looked at the chart before we played, I
might avoid the surprise, but that takes all the fun out. j-bo
....orchestral trick - "lift your bow off the strings and just keep time with it like you're bowing until you catch up to the score"...learned that one in grade school...
- Prev by Date: Re: question of the day - Feb 2
- Next by Date: Re: wireless systems?
- Previous by thread: Re: question of the day - Feb 2
- Next by thread: Re: question of the day - Feb 2