Re: question of the day - Feb 2

J-Bo wrote:
On Feb 2, 5:17 pm, "Lumpy" <lu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And what's the best advice you ever got about playing the guitar?
"If you can't play the chord for some reason,
mute the strings and play something percussive.
Just stay in rhythm"

There's a lot to be said for that. Bailed me out more than once when
that little used Gm11 pops up unexpectedly. By the time the "oh, it's
just that grip" nerve cells fire in my brain, we're three measure down
the road. Of course, if I looked at the chart before we played, I
might avoid the surprise, but that takes all the fun out. j-bo

....orchestral trick - "lift your bow off the strings and just keep time with it like you're bowing until you catch up to the score"...learned that one in grade school...

--
- Rufus

  • Re: Changing One Note To Define A Chord Change
    ... J-Bo wrote: ... that extra space between the notes to "sound good?" ... B and C. Play those two right next to each other ... That's really tense. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Notation Question
    ... J-Bo wrote: ... notation to play the piece with the shuffle rhythm. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Notation Question
    ... J-Bo wrote: ... notation to play the piece with the shuffle rhythm. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Cut Time and "In two"
    ... I'd say tap my foot just once a measure, but I fear that would ... j-bo, the rhythmically challenged. ... I'd say relax and just play it. ... How come you didn't star on Star Trek? ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)