Re: Ear training

On Dec 22, 5:38 pm, googledawg <edson...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
PT~ thanks for posting this - speaking of ear training....i know a guy
(blind keyboard player), does a retirement home schtick - show tunes,
beatles, a little classical, a little jazz, and EVEN some rocknroll/
 and is trying to cop what little richard is/was  doing with the left
hand - i surmised that LR was probably playing a routine sort of
boogie,
a 1-3-5-6, maybe  b7,6 5,3  at the end of the phrase, OR straight
Power Chord 1-5 quarter notes  type thing
the keyboard players is hoping to find some karaoke type thing that
takes out everything but
the keyboard left hand - i told him "i don't think so", but i don't
know everything (yet)...anyone ever heard of that type of software, or
better yet, anyone know what little richard was doing? - i think the
tuneis  "tutti frutti"....anyone younger than 50 probably need not
apply for this one....

the dawg...

Okay, so I just listened to Tutti Frutti, and here is the piano
pattern for the left hand. I put it in C, for convenience. Here is
the home position for the left hand. The little finger is the number
five finger. The number five finger rests on C, the number three
finger is on D sharp, the number two finger is on E, and the number
one finger is on G. It is all eighth notes, with no ties, and no
rests. The pattern is this: five, five, three, two, one, one, three
two. When the chord changes, the same pattern shifts up from C to F,
and then down to G. The hand lays out the same for all three chords.

  • Re: Do all Martial Arts require forms???
    ... pattern is by definition the same as form. ... If you're not moving then you aren't doing anything. ... > of the internal energy. ... > There is a posture where you point your finger into your open ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Do all Martial Arts require forms???
    ... Gong and Yao are the two forms but they dont ... of the internal energy. ... There is a posture where you point your finger ... A energy worker might train this similar "gong" pattern ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Fingerstyle
    ... the tab numbers to show how to finger the chord. ... that Am7 is just like a C Maj chord with the open A string in the bass. ... pattern is really the meat and potatoes of "Travis Picking" style. ... The right-hand thumb is going to ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: London...25 teens shot or stabbed in 2007
    ... Looking at the picture....I cannot help feeling that there is a pattern ... developing here....just wish I could put my finger on it.... ... Well most of the victims were black.....and most of Britons are ...
    (uk.politics.misc)