Re: Decoded song using chord progressions

Lumpy:
Well, because if you learn to rely on a source
that is incorrect the majority of the time, you
aren't really learning how to figure it out
on your own.

Johnty:
If I can spot errors in an inaccurate tab isn't
that a form of figuring out on my own?

If you have the skills to spot and correct the
errors, then you surely don't need the tab
to begin with.

It's simply not that difficult to figure out
stuff without relying on tab. It's just not.

Leave the crutch behind. Think with your ears.

Lumpy

In Your Ears for 40 Something Years
www.LumpyMusic.com

  • Re: Decoded song using chord progressions
    ... aren't really learning how to figure it out ... that a form of figuring out on my own? ... stuff without relying on tab. ... Maybe it is a crutch - I'll keep that advice in mind. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Thin Lizzy - Wild One - Guitar Chords
    ... learning to use your ears. ... other than a few rather dry and inappropriate books that ... To play guitar you still have to do all the ... ears instead of tab or transcriptions. ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: Educate Me - What Key is This?
    ... Tab isn't something you dedicate time to learning, ... we're talking about ALL professional musicians in the western world. ... of pro players who read regularly HAS to be in the double digits. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Real TABS
    ... Learning it incorrectly by ear is not. ... ear with tab is a good way to check both your own ears and the tab. ... If I'm in a hurry to learn a song for whatever reason, ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Educate Me - What Key is This?
    ... Tab isn't something you dedicate time to learning, tab is something you don't need to dedicate time to learning. ... 999/1000 bands that get payed to play are cover bands that make $100 a man and NEVER read. ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)