Re: Holiday Travel...With Guitar?

In article <8ead526d-3073-4e98-a06f-ebb5987c8f92
@y18g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, hcbowman@xxxxxxxxx says...
Umn, so how does one fly with a guitar?

I was flying a lot from San Francisco to Seattle while my mother was
ungoing cancer treatment there. Usually on either United or Alaska. I
was able to carry on a Telecaster in a soft gig-bag everytime with no
grief.

Also this summer, I did San Francisco to Boston a couple times on
United. Once with the gig-back carry-on and no problem. The second
time I took another guitar in a hard case and checked it through. The
case got a little dinged up in transit. Also, the airline left it out
in the open, unsupervised in the oversized pickup area.

I could have probably carried on the hard-shell too. I sat next to a
college kid on that plane who walked on with an acoustic in a hard-case.

Loosen your strings before you bring it on the plane and tune it back up
when you get to your destination.

Zendog

  • Re: Holiday Travel...With Guitar?
    ... I was flying a lot from San Francisco to Seattle while my mother was ... was able to carry on a Telecaster in a soft gig-bag everytime with no ... college kid on that plane who walked on with an acoustic in a hard-case. ... loosening the strings slightly is a very good idea because ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Pan Am pilot (spoilers)
    ... The plane was seen going down in flames. ... The aircraft landed safely at Travis Air Force Base after an engine turbine ... that was going to take them back to San Francisco, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: TR: Laura and Lees Asian Adventure - Planning
    ... We flew from San Diego to San Francisco on Virgin America on Tuesday ... I hate 2.5 hours on a plane. ... TV. I'm one of those people who, unfortunately, can't sleep on a plane - ... I think a flight like this could destroy me for several days. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: Alaska Highway
    ... That car's odometer turned 103,000 miles as we were crossing the San Francisco Bay Bridge on the way to Alaska. ... leaving home, I changed the oil, and set the points and timing." ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)
  • Celebrity Millinium versus Princess Dawn
    ... We have been given a choice of leaving out of San Francisco on Dawn ... Princess for a 10 day inside cruise passage to Alaska and return to SF ... Francisco and stopping in Astoria, Or, Seattle and then on to the Alaska ...
    (rec.travel.cruises)