Re: Practicing chords for beginners

I'm really having a problem with playing chords. I know 6 chords; G,
G7, C, D, D7, Em.
The problem is moving from one chord to the next. My fingering is
very unsure even after much practice. This holds especially true with
the C, and G7 chords. I know where my fingers should go, but getting
them there is a different story. At 30 beats per minute, I can do a
half baked job, but once I try and go faster...Input? Any suggestions
for practice? I don't have a teacher. I don't know if I want one as
I am difficult to click with.

  • Re: New to teaching, any suggestions or tips?
    ... I'm 19 and a friend of mine asked me if I could teach her how to play ... chords for double checking and fine tuning. ... Which A-Major chord fingering are you planning to suggest to her? ... pain, get her chord switches down clean and fast, no buzzing notes etc. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Practicing chords for beginners
    ... The problem is moving from one chord to the next. ... My fingering is ... very unsure even after much practice. ... the C, and G7 chords. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: fingering for G major open chord question
    ... it would of greater benefit to practice and ... of motion) in moving to other chords such as the open C. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: P tone and placement
    ... The context is everything when it comes to fingerings of chords. ... You need to play chords with whatever fingers work for the music. ... If you are locked into any set fingering of a chord you are limiting what music you can play. ... I don't see that parents have any better understanding of raising kids than people who don't have kids but they sure do think they understand more and they sure won't listen to anybody else most of the time. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • basic help please
    ... I'm struggling to learn the chords for R Dean Taylor's "Indiana wants me" ... but in the 'I wish I had you' refrain he shoots from a C to G (well, ... I'm fingering in a basic manner, ... easier way I need to understand or is it a case of practice practice ...
    (uk.music.guitar)