Re: how do I learn to play?

Chip <chipmonk___36@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Tim C." <timc@xxxxxxxx> wrote
there must be some rational stepwise approach to learning electric
guitar
(which is a different instrument than acoustic guitar IMHO)

Chip

try www.justinguitar.com, his lessons start from scratch.

Thanks for the link. It looks informative.

A local guitar teacher wants $30 per half hour, which I think is
kinda high.

when I studied piano with a teacher who went to Julliard, she charged
$15 per hour. But that was 30 years ago.

Given inflation over the last 30 years, $30 now is a bargain compared
with $15 then.

  • Re: Help me give it away
    ... > side markers which are inlaid into ebony neck binding (not that nasty ... > this guitar should be going to a fingerpicker. ... Local guitar teacher that can help find a ... Besides, if I told you my sob story, you'd just fall on the floor and wet ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: how do I learn to play?
    ... (which is a different instrument than acoustic guitar IMHO) ... his lessons start from scratch. ... A local guitar teacher wants $30 per half hour, which I think is kinda high. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: how do I learn to play?
    ... (which is a different instrument than acoustic guitar IMHO) ... his lessons start from scratch. ... A local guitar teacher wants $30 per half hour, ... Now it's $30 for *1/2 hour* of guitar lessons. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: how do I learn to play?
    ... (which is a different instrument than acoustic guitar IMHO) ... his lessons start from scratch. ... A local guitar teacher wants $30 per half hour, which I think is kinda high. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: OT: Mike "Monk" Bruce Dies at 58... (long)
    ... >> share a bit of my personal experience with Mike. ... I'd taken a couple of guitar lessons from some ... >> where Mike Bruce comes in. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)