- From: "jon.mithe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jon.mithe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 06:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
Just wandering if anyone knows how long a speaker cable you can have
between a head and a cabinet before things like noise becomes an
I have a power attenuator (thd hotplate) inbetween my amp head and
cabinet, but what I also want to do is place a DI box like the Radial
JDX inbetween the amp head and the hotplate - primarily so I can do
late night recording using the hotplate as a load box (JDX puts out a
balanced mix level signal) and also will be useful when I get round to
joining another band again. The problem here is I need 3 speaker
cables for this setup, amp head - > JDX, JDX -> hotplate, hotplate ->
speaker and the shortest decent quality ones I can find are Van Damme
1 meter / 3ft. So in that setup I'll have 3m of speaker cable, which
to me sounds too much.
It surly must be possible to buy shorter speaker cables, anyone in the
UK know any places that I can buy over the internet? Been searching
with no luck :/
Thanks for any help,
- Prev by Date: Re: A Saga saga.
- Next by Date: Re: Speaker cables
- Previous by thread: A Saga saga.
- Next by thread: Re: Speaker cables