Re: Acoustic for young beginner
- From: "Patrick Keenan" <test@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:21:44 -0400
"ARLOWE" <ARLOWE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:mn.29957d86f315e08c.90583@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nil formulated the question :My 8-year old nephew is interested in learning guitar. My sister is willing to spend up to $200 on an instrument. I volunteered to help find something suitable. He says he likes "country music", so I figure a steel-string acoustic would give him some of the sounds he likes.
I know there are tons of decent electrics available for not much money. But how about acoustics? I'd like to get him one that's as good-
sounding and easy-to-play as possible for a starter instrument. It should also be somewhat smaller than a dreadnought (parlor or OM sized?)
Can anyone recommend any brand names or online sources for such an animal? Any other thoughts?
I'm pretty sure you could get a Squier Stratacaster for $200.00.
To go between the two, perhaps a Squier Telecaster Thinline.
- Prev by Date: Re: Acoustic for young beginner
- Next by Date: Re: Who's afraid of the F chord?
- Previous by thread: Re: Acoustic for young beginner
- Next by thread: Re: Acoustic for young beginner