Re: Finding Beat One of the song.
- From: "Lumpy" <lumpy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 07:08:59 -0700
...Where Have All The
The main beat of these songs is strong on the two and four but the
words/melody are strong on the one and three. This seems to be quite
common in modern music.
"Where have all___ the flow_ers gone"
WHERE comes on the 2.
ALL comes on the 4.
We will rock you
is a more: BUDDY youre a boy MAKE a big noise...
Look at the poetic importance of the words.
You could eliminate the word BUDDY and the
phrase would still make sense. If you eliminated
BOY, it would be much less sensible as a phrase.
Sing it both ways -
BUDDY you're a boy
buddy you're a BOY
Which "fits" the song more comfortably.
In Your Ears for 40 Years
- Prev by Date: Re: When purchasing acoustic Guitars, it's better to get a cutaway.
- Next by Date: Re: Deformed Fingertips
- Previous by thread: Re: Finding Beat One of the song.
- Next by thread: Re: Finding Beat One of the song.