in the still of the night
- From: "Robert Riddle" <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:54:20 -0500
Oops, forgot hit reply to group.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nil" <
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: In the Still of the night
On 09 Apr 2008, "Robert Riddle" <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx
wrote inAh, I thought he meant the chords themselves. My mistake. Sorry LumpyFest.
"Surfer Girl" - Beach Boys
No, that one is in the key of d. NO B flats or c chords in there.
It's the same basic chord progression as "In the Still of the Night",
just transposed from the key of F to the key of D. The relationship
between the chords is the same. The difference is that one is centered
around an F chord, the other is centered around a D chord. That center
chord is known as The Tonic, and it defines the name and sound of the
This is a very common chord progression, found in many songs and can be
played in any major key.
- Prev by Date: Re: In the Still of the night
- Next by Date: Re: In the Still of the night
- Previous by thread: Re: In the Still of the night
- Next by thread: Yamaha Bass for sale, Birmingham, AL