Re: Old Arrowhead

Hud <hud_ohio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Hud" <hud_ohio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:47de86ef$0$1123$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
After finding an arrowhead and learning about the forced removal of
the Wyandot Nation, I wrote this song. Two nights ago I played it
for my wife. She thought the strumming pattern was too busy. She
also didn't like the percussive sound of my pick hitting the
strings. I went ahead and recorded it today. I kept the mike away
from my strumming hand so the percussion wouldn't make it in the
song too much but I kept the strumming pattern pretty much the same.
Then I added a short lead intro track in the beginning and I
improvised an lead track over the song near the end. One of my
frustrations was not being able to come up with another strumming
pattern that didn't sound boring to me. That's why I left it the
same.

Here's the song:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=779374&songID=6370661

After listening to it some more...I've decided to overhaul this song.
It's just not working for me. I wish I wouldn't have posted it.
But, oh well. Here are my self criticisms. The intro is too short
and weak. The vocals don't fit very well within the strumming
pattern. There's too much static on the lead track at the end. I'm
going to beef up the intro, re-do the lead track at the end and maybe
add a drum track. I'm going to use a metronome to help me rework the
lyrics so I can sing them with better timing. Back to work for me.

Here's what I'd do, for what it's worth:
- Slow down the tempo quite a bit
- Play just an acoustic guitar along with it. Use a simple alternating
strumming pattern. If you want to keep the lyrics the same, let them
dictate the rhythm of the song.

  • Re: Old Arrowhead
    ... She also didn't like the percussive sound of my pick hitting the strings. ... I kept the mike away from my strumming hand so the percussion wouldn't make it in the song too much but I kept the strumming pattern pretty much the same. ... Then I added a short lead intro track in the beginning and I improvised an lead track over the song near the end. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: For beginners...
    ... The basic chords ... what strumming pattern should be used on a particular song? ... matter of watching videos on Youtube? ... a song pretty well and "know how it goes" yo get the strumming right. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: working out strumming pattern
    ... strumming pattern is like... ... Can one use the metronome in a way, when it's synced to the song tempo, to ... the TEMPO just by tapping your foot to the music. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Old Arrowhead
    ... Wyandot Nation, I wrote this song. ... She thought the strumming pattern was too busy. ... percussive sound of my pick hitting the strings. ... �Then I added a short lead intro track in the ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Old Arrowhead
    ... Wyandot Nation, I wrote this song. ... She thought the strumming pattern was too busy. ... �Then I added a short lead intro track in the ... Feel free to say anything you want, Mike. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)