Re: Question: I want to record my guitar lessons. What to use?

"Charmed Snark" <snark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
RichL expounded in Y3G6j.4287$k22.3659@trnddc02:">news:Y3G6j.4287$k22.3659@trnddc02:

vocals. Soundcard: M-Audio Delta 44 (4 inputs, 4 outputs). I use the
4 outputs for left/right headphones and left/right monitors, but
rarely use more than 2 inputs at a time.

Nice! I have the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, which only has 2 inputs (L+R),
which is enough most of the time (I love its 24-bit samples). But there
have been times when I wanted more mics on the acoustic (1 pickup, + 2
mics
would be nice).

But I need another mic stand before I can even consider that. Eventually!

Snark.

Yeah, I had considered the 2496 for a while, but in a rare moment of clarity
I pictured myself constantly plugging and unplugging the earphones and
monitors. I'm basically lazy :-)
Besides, someone that frequents the bass and home studio newsgroups offered
to sell me his Delta 44 for a decent price (he moved up to the Delta 1010).

  • Re: recommendations on recording electric guitar
    ... a set of closed back headphones that are Audio Technica. ... to not have those speakers pushing some air and making the sound. ... Also - do I need 'speaker monitors' hooked up to this multi-track ... recording using mics set at strategic locations near ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: OT: New song, "Etude in E Phrygian"
    ... >> For monitors, I have a pair of Event monitors that I don't use much>> any ... I read the Yamaha HS50m's have no bass at all. ... Adding the sub was perfect. ... ..and I have a little mixer, which i use as a pre-amp for mics and ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: Stage Monitors vs. Speakers
    ... > but how does the design of a monitor differ from a regular speaker? ... > with monitors is to achieve good levels without feedback. ... the system (which includes the speakes, mics, and room) is sufficiently ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Going offline to set up studio in Bus
    ... A Delta 66 pro from M-Audio sound card- useing my ... between the keyboards and/or other inputs like mics and/or guitars etc. ... All of my keyboards are Kurzweil. ... Interface) each with 76 weighted keys like a real piano (the weighted ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)
  • Re: Different audio interfaces for recording
    ... set the clock to spdif in the Delta ... use the dat machine as paperweight on desk. ... are concerned, no trouble there, I have a 32 channels (24 mics) Yamaha ...
    (rec.audio.pro)