Re: Barre Chords

Rich wrote:

When I first started playing I found it easier to work with barre chords, but I
liked the sound of open chords better. I'd learn how to play it both ways and
focus on getting the best sound. It might be easier to us barre chords to get
the basic sound and timing down, then try switching to open chords if you like
them better.

When a mate and I jam together, we try and alternate with one playing 'open' chords and the other playing barre chords. It really does give a more 'rounded' sound - and gives us a chance to experiment a bit too.