Re: string overtone

"Pt" <peatea@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:bbc4a8ab-10a1-4240-9bf0-fb671111b64d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Nov 28, 2:55 pm, "Bryan" <bconr...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
i restrung my guitar and since notice a ringing,metallic overtone on the
string when plucked open,it's like hitting a high pitch tuning fork
everytime the string is struck,anyone encounteredd this b4?

Try using a wound G.

Pt
It is a wound string,these are silk and steel flatwound except the low E
(round).
If you pluck it solidly its there,not if struck softly or fretted,weird!..

  • Re: string overtone
    ... string when plucked open,it's like hitting a high pitch tuning fork ... everytime the string is struck,anyone encounteredd this b4? ... Try using a wound G. ...
    (alt.guitar.beginner)
  • Re: Wound 3rd strings
    ... my Tele so that I can still rock out a bit on this guitar. ... This Tele has a 24.75" scale neck on it, but I also did a gig like this ... wound G and that's why the unwound G strings sound louder. ... string (of course if you never play anything but wound 3rds, ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Vintage Johnny SMith Strings: Any guess as to the string gauge ?
    ... the round wound with a flat wound 6th string is interesting. ... tuning was with the sixth string tuned down to D, and I had to come up ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: call me crazy but string balance on teles (and some strats) is a pain!
    ... I have noticed that Les Pauls and SG's seem to have a better string ... when it comes to going from the wound to unwound strings. ... On telecasters there is a huge difference when going from wound to ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: call me crazy but string balance on teles (and some strats) is a pain!
    ... I have noticed that Les Pauls and SG's seem to have a better string ... On telecasters there is a huge difference when going from wound to unwound ...
    (alt.guitar)